|Basic directions of the LIT activity:
- implementation and development of high-speed telecommunication links, development of the high-speed and protected local area computer network (LAN); development of a highly efficient JINR distributed information infrastructure;
- creation and development of modern tools of information and software support of the research and development activity of the Institute;
- development of new mathematical methods for modeling physical processes and analysis of experimental data in particle physics, nuclear, and condensed matter physics, as well as simulation of large facilities designed at JINR;
- development of scientific collaboration with research organizations in the JINR-participating countries and other scientific institutions;
- organization of international symposia, conferences and workshops on main directions of the LIT activity.